The application deadline for the Wendy’s High School Heisman program is eleven days away. If you haven’t turned in your application yet, relax! You’ve got time to finish filling it out with your best effort.
The following are suggestions on how to break down the application process so that you can complete it before the deadline. These dates are not deadlines. They are only suggestions on how to break it down to meet the final application deadline, Sunday, October 3, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- 1) Double-check. First, look at the academic and athletic eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify for the program.
- 2) Talk about it. If you haven’t found a school official to review your application yet, this should be your first priority. Make sure your reviewer is willing to look over your application and review it by the reviewer deadline of October 5, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Also, if you’re under the age of 18, your parent or guardian will need to give permission for you to participate in the program.
- 3) Collect what’s important. Gather together all of the information you need to begin the application process. Focus on gathering these materials within one or two days to make the application process easier for you:
- The name and address of your high school and the full name of your principal
- The full name and email address of your reviewer
- The approximate population of your high school’s geographic area
- Your high school’s sports division or class
- Your graduation class size and rank
- Complete transcript and GPA for grades 9-11
- ACT and SAT test scores and dates, if you’ve taken those exams
- Information on Honors, AP, IB, or College Credit Courses offered by your school
- Details of your academic honors, athletics activities and records, school activities, employment, volunteer activities, and community club or organization participation in grades 9-11
- For more info, view our easy guide on how to apply.
September 24 – September 29:
- 4) Go for it! Click “Apply Now” to start your application. Create an account with your own username and password, and save the username and password in a safe place for working on your application and checking its status in the future. Answer the application questions. You don’t have to answer all of the application questions at one time, as you can log back in and continue working on your application, but be sure to save changes frequently. Also, make sure you have all sections of the application completed before submitting the application so that your submission is successfully accepted.
- 5) Type it out. There are three short essay questions on the application regarding your involvement in academics, athletics, and community service. If you don’t have time to write all three at one time, consider drafting and revising one per day to add into your application.
- 6) Submit early. Submitting your application earlier will give your reviewer more time to review your application. The reviewer deadline is October 5, 2011, at 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, so you want to make sure to give him or her plenty of time to check over your application and submit a review. Reviewers can learn more about their role in the application process by clicking here.
- 7) One last thing. Check to make sure your reviewer has received an e-mail about your application, and knows to review it by the reviewer deadline. The application will be disqualified if it has not been reviewed by this time.
- 8) Check back! Go to the Wendy’s High School Heisman website on October 25th to see if you have been announced as a school winner.
To view the complete program timeline click here.