High school seniors, don’t miss your chance to be a part of the 2014 Wendy’s High School Heisman Program - there are three weeks left before the application deadline on October 3, 2014.
Submit your application soon and get the recognition you deserve! If you haven’t started, there’s still time. You can visit here to learn more about the application and get yours started. Already completed your application? Click here to download your certificate.
2014 Wendy’s High School Heisman Program Timeline:
Application Deadline: October 10, 2014
School Official Review Deadline: October 10, 2014
- School Winners Announced: October 20, 2014
- State Finalists Announced: November 3, 2014
- State Winners Announced: November 10, 2014
- National Finalists Announced: November 10-21, 2014
We’re excited to start the review process and begin honoring the outstanding student-athletes at the school, state and national level. Good luck!
Have you started your Wendy’s High School Heisman application? If not, why not begin now? Click here to access the application.
The deadline to submit a Wendy’s High School Heisman application and a review by a high school official has been extended and is now 5:00 p.m., central time, Friday, October 10, 2014.
If you are still working through your application or are planning to start soon, below is a list of things to have prepared.
Gather information on the following from your Freshman, Sophomore and Junior years:
- Academic courses taken, including AP & honors courses
- Transcripts with grades received in each subject
- Sports participated in and positions held
- Records sets and honors won
- School club/organizations involved in and positions held
- Community or volunteer organizations and activities involved in
- Jobs held
- Test dates and scores
If you haven’t done so, now is a good time to begin thinking about the school official you will ask to review your application. A school official can be someone like a teacher or guidance counselor. They will be responsible for reviewing your application, confirming its accuracy and submitting your application before the reviewer deadline on October 10, 2014.
Good luck with your application. If you have any questions about the application process, you can email our customer service center or call 1-800-205-6367.
The 2014 Wendy’s High School Heisman application opens within the next two weeks! We’re looking forward to another season of honoring the country’s most esteemed high school seniors for their contributions in athletics, academics, and service to both their school systems and communities. Here are some quick tips to help you get ready for when the application opens on June 9th, as well as what you need to know about the program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Get Reminded: This year’s application opens on June 9th. Sign up to have an email reminder sent to you as soon as the application is open.
Select a Reviewer: After you’ve completed your application, it will need to be reviewed by a school official. It’s important to select a reviewer far enough in advance to ensure you have someone qualified to review your application. We will also be sending them an email with instructions on their role in the review process.
Collect Important Information: Now’s the time to be gathering important information you will need as you complete your Wendy’s High School Heisman application. Gathering the following information in advance will make the application process easier on your end:
- Name and address of your high school and full name of your principal
- Full name and email address of your reviewer
- Your high school’s sports division or class
- Graduation class size and your rank in your class
- Complete transcript and GPA for grades 9-11
- ACT and/or SAT test scores and dates
- Information on Honors, AP, IB or College Credit Courses offered by your school
- Details of your academic honors, athletic activities and records set, school activities, employment, volunteer activities and community club or organization participation during grades 9-11
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Every School With Applicants Will Have a High School Heisman. The first stage of the Wendy’s High School Heisman program recognizes winners at the school level. Every school that has applicants will have both a male and female High School Heisman School Winner. School Winners will continue on in the program with the chance to go all the way and be named on of the two (male and female) National Winners. Learn more about the program stages and awards.
Results Begin in October. The first stage of winners for the 2014 program will be announced October 20th. After School Winners are announced, State Finalist, State Winners and National Finalists will be announced weekly. In December, the 12 National Finalists will be invited to New York City where the two National Winners will be announced during Heisman Weekend and broadcast nationally on ESPN2. Learn more about the full program timeline.
Early Applications Get Rewarded. If you are one of the first 25,000 students to complete your application, you will receive a $10 Wendy’s gift card to get your favorites from Wendy’s.